Please note, our Carvery deck will be open on Saturday and Sunday only.
Why Our Pub is Great
The Bakehouse in Welwyn Garden City is the perfect place for a family meal, a quiet lunch, or an after-work pint. You’ll find plenty of choice at the bar: cask ales, draught beers, ciders, and wines from the Rothschild wineries for the adults, plus soft drinks and hot drinks. And our menus are just as generous. Whether you fancy a traditional carvery, fish ‘n’ chips, or something a bit different, we’ve got great meals at perfect prices.
Our carvery is served seven days a week, and includes a choice of three succulent meats or a veggie option. When you’ve made your choice and picked up your Yorkshire pudding and stuffing, pile your plate high with seasonal veg and get stuck in. Or, if you’re in a ‘proper pub grub’ frame of mind, choose from all the classics: if it’s a legendary pub meal beloved by all, it’s probably on the menu.
Feeling the need for something lighter? Our Light Bites and Heavenly Salads offer all the health benefits you want but don’t cut corners in the taste department. Whatever you choose, we recommend leaving room for pudding! Our dessert menu is legendary in Welwyn Garden City. If you can’t finish it, we’ll box it up to go.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus